Sunday, November 20, 2011

New strategy

We've been struggling with Ian following instructions, like turning in his homework, or giving his picture packet to the photographer despite explicit instructions and reminders. It has become very frustrating for me. We've taken away his privileges but it continues.

Marva suggested a rewards system instead, so we're giving it a try. We came up with a star system, where they can earn stars for good behavior, and cash them in for rewards when they reach the reward they want.

Here is the setup.


Good behaviors


Rewards



2 comments:

Mattias, Karissa & Enzo said...

Awesome!! Thanks for that! I think I can use that for Enzo. Can't wait to get started on that.

Brie said...

It's been working great! I've never seen the kids take so much pride in the cleaning of their room. They made sure they got every last toy to ensure that they earned a star.

My original intent was that they could cash in for a prize or accumulate their stars for bigger rewards, and the thought of starting over didn't go over well, so we're just upping the bigger prizes to higher star levels.