Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Joy of Cooking

I spent today in the kitchen, as I like to spend many Sundays this time of year.  I love filling the house with the smells of treats baking in the oven and a special dinner that cooks all afternoon.

My hope is that I’m creating great memories for the kids as they are there in the kitchen helping me throughout that day.

First order of business, pumpkin bread.IMG_4858 

Next up, Ragu.   This is Chidozie’s specialty, but I have taken it on and have come close to mastering the recipe myself.

Onions, celery, carrots, and prosciutto.IMG_4859 

Getting those all happy together with some wine, IMG_4861

Adding milk,

IMG_4863 

then, adding tomato puree and beef stock.  Only 2 1/2 hours till food bliss.

IMG_4864

In the meantime, it’s pie time.  Here’s Ian & Hannah with the pie scraps making a special treat.

IMG_4866

The pie before it heads into the oven.IMG_4868

The ragu is done, so it’s time to eat…IMG_4869IMG_4872

No comments: