Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lake Chelan

Chelan holds a special place in my heart, and always will.  This is where we came every summer for long family camping trips and where I have many fantastic memories.

Of course, I wanted to bring my family here as well.

We camped at Lake Chelan State Park for the 4th of July weekend and had lots of fun in the sun.

IMG_3512

On our way, we had to stop Roslyn’s Oasis Cafe for some yummy lunch.

IMG_3517

IMG_3530 

I fell in love with this house five years ago while visiting Suncadia as an advertiser.  The house is now for sale.  It would cost more to restore than to flatten it and rebuild.  I’m sure anyone who knows me knows what I would do.

IMG_3528

Here’s a peeked inside the window, where you can see how bad the water damage is.  I do love that sailor painting!!

IMG_3527

There he is.

IMG_3538

The day that we arrived at the State Park.  The sun was so gorgeous!

IMG_3542 IMG_3552 IMG_3561

Off to go fishin’

IMG_3574

There was a stream running behind the camp site that was to most soothing sound.

IMG_3614

The dream camp site.  We’ll see you again soon…

IMG_3594

Our last day Chidozie got tired of camping food and so we went into town for some yummy local fare.

 IMG_3651

While heading home, we decided to stop off in Leavenworth for some lunch and some fun.   First stop, the cheese shop.  They sample everything, and we ended up liking and buying much of it.

IMG_3660

We had to have some Brats!

IMG_3667

There is a silly hat store that we had to visit.

IMG_3683

 IMG_3687 

Hannah fell in love with this cute little hat and wanted it.  How could we say no? 

IMG_3698

Final stop, Snoqualmie Falls.  What a site!

 IMG_3700

Then finally headed home, 10 hours later.

No comments: