Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strawberry Picking

We headed out to Mount Vernon this morning to pick Shuksan strawberries.  This was an edible Seattle magazine event hosted by local food legend Jon Rowley.  Saveur magazine named Jon "America's Disciple of Flavor," so I knew we were in for a treat.

The morning started off with berry picking in “virgin fields” that the farm saved for our picking pleasure.

IMG_3253 IMG_3258 IMG_3274IMG_3290IMG_3299 IMG_3323  IMG_3374

All done picking, and now we’re hungry.

IMG_3386

Next up, strawberry shortcake made by Jon.

IMG_3387

Kids first.

IMG_3392

Jon dishing up my yummy plate of shortcake.

 IMG_3393

I’m not kidding you when I tell you that this tasted like pure heaven.  Hannah wouldn’t let us go home until she finished every last bite.

IMG_3417

Finally, we had to swing on this great tree swing that that kids couldn’t get their mind off of.

IMG_3428

Alright, now we can head home to make Jam.

No comments: